Technical Communication: B.S. (or Minor)
The undergraduate Bachelor of Science program in technical communication addresses the natural relationship between practical communication and science/technology.
- Burning Questions
- You might be asking, "What is a Tech Comm major or minor" or "What benefit is there beyond graduation?" Find the answers to your burning questions here.
- Career Resources
- Information about the Technical Communication field, as well as professional organizations
- The Tech Comm faculty at Iowa State have an unusually broad range of specialties, with research interests extending to all major areas of technical, scientific and professional communication.
- Faculty Awards
- Awards won by the faculty in Rhetoric and Professional Communication area group (the people who teach Tech Comm).
- Tech Comm Adviser
- Contact the Tech Comm Adviser, Ms. Carla Weiner, if you have questions about the program.
- Publications Based Here
- The Tech Comm Program is host to a number of nationally-known scholarly publications in the fields of rhetoric and professional communication, both in print and online.
- Major Requirements / Minor Requirements
- Requirements for those seeking a major or minor in Technical Communication.
- Catalog Descriptions
- Collection of the course catalog descriptions of all classes which are a part of the Technical Communication program.
- TechComm Internships (English 487/587)
- Project Gallery
- A collection of sample documents displaying examples of student work from previous semesters. Included are examples of brochures, posters, instructional guides, Flash files, and websites.
- Society for Technical Communication (Student Chapter)
The Iowa State University student chapter of the Society for Technical Communication.
- Recent News
Recent announcements by, for, and about the people of the Technical Communication program.