Awards for Teaching
- Charles Kostelnick. Jay R. Gould Award for Excellence in Teaching Technical Communication, Society for Technical Communication, May 2011.
- Amy Slagell. Outstanding Achievement Award in Teaching. 2013.
Awards for Research
- Charles Koselnick. Kitty O. Locker Outstanding Researcher Award, Association for Business Communication, 2018.
- Charles Koselnick. Frank R. Smith Outstanding Article Award, Society for Technical Communication, 2017.
- Charles Koselnick. Ken Rainey Award for Excellence in Research, Society for Technical Communication, 2016.
- Charles Kostelnick. Alfred N. Goldsmith Award for Distinguished Contributions to Engineering Communication, IEEE Professional Communication Society, October 2012.
- Charles Kostelnick. Fellow, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing, March 2012.
- David Russell in 2010 received an LAS Outstanding Career Achievement in Research Award, which recognizes faculty members who have a national or international reputation for contributions in research and/or artistic creativity, and who have influenced the research activities of students.
- Charles Kostelnick. Fellow, Society for Technical Communication, May 2009.
Awards for Service
- Amy Slagell. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Institutional Service Award. 2011.
- Amy Slagell. Leadership for Iowa Women in Higher Education, Way Up Recognition Award. 2010.
- Dave Roberts. Institutional Service Award. 2013.
Recent Funded Research Awards
- David Russell. Fulbright Scholar award. University of Aveiro, Portugal, Summer 2012, to support research on university academic writing in Portugal.