Students who believe their transfer credit may be equivalent to our SP CM 212 must provide the ISUComm Speech Communication office (Deanna Stumbo–firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
- a Request for Department Review of Transfer Course or Military Credit form filled out with their adviser’s assistance and signature. This form can be found on the Office of the Registrar website.
- a catalog course description of the class that the student took
- a syllabus and course schedule from the class
If needed, students may also be required to supply all major speeches composed for the course.
The Public Speaking Director will review the information provided to determine whether the course can be used in place of SP CM 212.
- Transfer credit must be earned from an accredited English-speaking college or university in the United States. Students who plan to study abroad may not transfer credit for SP CM 212 from an institution in a country where English is not the first and main language spoken.
- Transfer course evaluations will only be reviewed once the student has started attending ISU and after the course has been successfully completed.
- Please allow at least two weeks for a response to a transfer course review.