Lydia Lee will be a Visiting Student at the University of Oxford at Lady Margaret Hall (one of Oxford’s 45 colleges).

CATEGORIES: Department News, English

She applied to study at the University of Oxford through Arcadia University, one of Iowa State’s affiliated study abroad institutions. Arcadia sent her application directly to the Visiting Student department at Lady Margaret Hall, which is the specific college she decided to apply to. The application process involved submitting about 25 pages of written academic samples in the subjects she wanted to study in at Oxford — she submitted term papers from my Music and English classes. Applicants were also required to write a personal statement explaining why they wanted to study at Oxford and why they would be a good fit for the program, send in an official transcript, and get references from two professors.

“It was an incredibly time consuming application process,” Lydia says “but I am so glad I decided to take the leap and apply for this opportunity.

“I will be a Visiting Student at the University of Oxford at Lady Margaret Hall (one of Oxford’s 45 colleges). I’ll be studying there during the Hilary and Trinity terms in the spring and summer of 2023. I’ve been accepted to study both Music and English Literature, and I look forward to studying under Oxford’s famous tutorial system.”