The English main office and support staff will hold the following office hours during fall and winter breaks this year.
Monday, November 19-Wednesday, November 21: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., with limited staff available.
Thursday, November 22-Friday, November 23: Closed, University Holidays
Monday, December 17-Friday, December 21: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Monday, December 24-Tuesday, December 25: Closed, University Holidays
Wednesday, December 26-Monday, December 31: Closed. The main office phone will be monitored for emergencies.
Tuesday, January 1: Closed, University Holiday
Wednesday, January 2-Friday, January 11: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Normal business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) resume on January 14.
As a reminder, here is a checklist that will help in the university’s savings effort over winter break, December 24-January 1:
- Shut down all computers, printers, and other accessories. If possible, plug computers and printers into a power strip and then shut off the power strip.
- Leave your office computer on if you need remote access from home, but turn off the monitor, printer, speakers and any other connected devices. A computer’s sleep mode uses less energy than full power, but shutting it off completely protects data. A machine may be left on during break if it’s providing access to a critical application.
- Turn off and unplug copiers and small appliances, such as coffee pots and microwaves.
- Unplug chargers for electronic devices.
- If you can manually adjust the thermostat in your office, turn it down to 65 degrees.